Professional High-Quality Custom Casting Manufacturer
Since our entire process takes place in-house, our castings are competitively priced and have efficient lead times while still meeting superior quality standards.
Sand casting is an time-tested technique for casting metal that is still popular today due to its versatility. This process involves pouring molten metal into a mold made out of condensed sand, which holds the metal as it cools off. However, after the metal has cooled, the retrieval method destroys the sand cast. While the basics of the process have not changed, there have been many improvements over the years in terms of technology making it an efficient process.
Advantages of Sand casting
- Cost-effective/ lower cost for tooling
- A reliable casting method for parts requiring internal cavities
- High design flexibility
- Shorter lead times
Aluminum is a popular casting material. It is strong, malleable, non-conductive, and resistant to corrosion. Compared to steel, aluminum is less dense, which translates to a notable weight advantage. Custom cast aluminum products are strong and stiff enough to tolerate heavy loads while still remaining lightweight. Aluminum is also highly castable and machinable.
Aluminum casting applications/ products
- Cookware and patio furniture
- Components in household machinery like hand-held tools
- Automobile industry
- RF filter boxes for the telecom industry
- Cast aluminum is essential for electronics, especially housings and connectors
- Agriculture applications
- Military/ defense applications
Thanks to its low melting point and flexibility, brass is an ideal metal for casting. Brass castings offer enhanced dimensional accuracy, making it well suited for complex metal designs. Brass casting is popular in the production of hardware fixtures and pieces since this metal does not oxidize or rust, increasing the part’s lifespan. Here are some advantages and other applications for brass castings.
Advantages of Brass Casting
- They can make complex shapes with great dimensional accuracy
- Come in a wide range of sizes and shapes
- As part of the design, brass casting offers fastening elements
- Parts are highly durable and strong
- The design can be refined using CNC machining
Brass Castings Applications/ Products
- Musical instrument parts
- Plumbing fixtures
- Suspended wire holders
- Contact line end terminals
- Fire protection
- Closing parts for doors
Bronze is an alloy made of copper and tin that improves its hardness and strength. In addition, this metal is corrosion-resistant, non-magnetic, and has excellent electrical and thermal conductivity. Bronze alloy castings have evolved over the years including the use of Bismuth as an alternative for lead.
Advantages of Bronze Casting
- Excellent conductor of heat and electricity
- Hard and resistant to metal fatigue
- Has anti-sparking characteristics
Bronze Casting Application/ Products
- Propellers and submerged bearings
- Industrial castings
- Bronze sculptures
- Safety tools
- Oil and gas applications
- Top-quality bells and cymbals
- Valve components
High-Quality Brass, Bronze, and Aluminum Castings by East Point Foundry
At East Point Foundry, we specialize in plaque restoration, ornamentals, plaques, lettering, cast bronze, and aluminum castings. We custom design each piece to ensure all our products are of the highest quality. Contact us today to learn more about our capabilities.
Ready to get your project started?
Contact East Point Foundry to discuss your requirements and get a quote.